Tired of learning ABOUT improving your vocabulary instead of actually IMPROVING IT?!
In this episode, I share with you an in-depth vocabulary exercise that will help you build pronunciation confidence and use new words frequently and confidently.
I based these drills on the understanding that there are many words you know but never use, for several reasons:
- You’re not confident PRONOUNCING them.
- They’re not accessible (you forget to use them)
- You don’t feel confident using them correctly in a sentence
- I developed a 5-step system to overcome these challenges and enhance your vocabulary.
People who have tried it told me that for the first time they felt that they were growing their vocabulary!
In this episode, we'll use this technique with the following words: inevitable, accurate, obvious, redundant, valuable. Afterward, you'll see how much easier it is for you to use them in a sentence.
Want to practice some more?
Say these sentences our loud, and then come up with your OWN sentence for each word. You can share it in the comments below.
● You already mentioned that before so it’s redundant here.
● My boss thinks my position is redundant so he’s going to fire me.
● Two engines may seem redundant but if one of them stops working, you want to have the other one just in case.
● They hated each other so much that their fight was inevitable.
● If you boil water, it’s inevitable that it’ll evaporate.
● Nothing is inevitable, everything can be changed or stopped.
● His story is 100% accurate. I checked it several times.
● The numbers in the report are accurate.
● You have to make sure your analysis is accurate.
● This ring is very valuable and dear to my heart.
● Some of her tips were very valuable and helped me a lot.
● We managed to gather some valuable info for our operation.
● It’s obvious that he likes you. He can’t take his eyes off of you.
● Nothing is obvious about him. Everything he does surprises me.
● There are some obvious things you can see right from the start.
Want more helpful vocabulary episodes?
Want more words? Here's what will make you sound smart. How to Sound Smarter in English with Vocabulary Upgrade.